Lodi Apples are also called Transparent or June Apples. They are an early ripening apple, with a thin, light green skin and a very tart flesh. In the world of apples Lodi is a specialist, it is not a long keeper, too tart for fresh eating, but it makes one of the best applesauces you will ever try. Make a large batch and freeze enough to enjoy year round.
- 6-8 Lodi Apples peeled, cored and sliced.
- 3/4 cup Sugar add more or less to taste.
- 1/2 cup Water
- Place apples into a large microwave safe bowl, add water and cover.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes then stir
- microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat until desired texture is reached. Add sugar to taste.
- Mash them for a chunky applesauce or blend them for smooth applesauce